We will discuss the Technological Environment: Types, Component, Relationship with business and human sources. We begin with a few basics from the Technological Environment.
Idea of Technological Environment
Technologies are the making, modification, usage, and understanding of tools, machines, techniques, crafts, systems, ways of organization, to be able to solve an issue, improve a pre-existing means to fix an issue, acquire a goal or execute a specific function. It may also make reference to the gathering of these tools, machinery, modifications, plans, and operations.
Technological Environment means the event in the area of technology which affects business by new inventions of productions along with other enhancements in strategies to carry out the business work.
Individuals technological factors which change up the business operation are known as technological Environment.
Kinds of Technology
Technology could be classified often. For instance, blueprints, machinery, equipment, along with other capital merchandise is sometimes known as hard technology while soft technology includes management know-how, finance, marketing, and administrative techniques. Whenever a relatively primitive (traditional) technologies are utilized in the development process, we’ve got the technology is generally known as labor-intensive. A very advanced technology, however, is usually termed capital-intensive.
Aspects of Technological Environment
- Degree of Technology
- Work based Technology
- Capital based technology
- The interest rate of Technological Changes
- Technological changes influences organization within the following ways.
- It will make existing industries obsolete.
- It may refresh (revitalize) the present industries through product improvement or cost reduction.
- It may create entirely new industries.
- It may increase government regulation.
- Technological Transfer
Technology transfer implies technology imported from technologically advanced foreign countries. Technology transfer could be through:
- Globalization (MNCs)
- Projects (Turnkey Projects:- ready for fast use or operation)
- Trade( purchase of apparatus through the manufacturer)
- Training assistance (Bilateral and multilateral contributors provide technical assistance)
- Development and research (R & D)
- R & D may be the essence of innovation. Customers aside from new items of good quality that are safe, comfortable and Environment-friendly.
Relationship between business and technology
Technologies are the backbone of running any effective business in society. The type of business setup we’ve today requires a business owner to be aware from the ever-evolving technology and pace. Many businessmen could be sincerely amazed at the quality of impact today’s technology could make within their business.
- Impact of technology running a business
- Competitive advantage
- Rise in profit
- Customer value
- Unwanted Effects
- Capital Burden: Huge investment
- The specter of quick substitute
- Rise in cost: regular maintenance
- Requirement for skilled manpower.
Human Factor and Technology
Human Factors (Ergonomics): Human factors are study regarding how humans behave physically and psychologically with regards to particular environments, products, or services. Quite simply, Human Factor may be the scientific use of understanding for the exact purpose of creating products, systems, services, and environments safe, efficient and simple to use.
Ergonomics may be the science of the style of equipment, especially in order to reduce operator fatigue (tiredness), discomfort and injuries.
Effective implementation of technologies are totally with respect to the human factor. Their understanding, skills, and talents determine technology effectiveness and efficiency. Technology must address natural (mental and physical) abilities and ensures success and safety. It ought to increase the value of human operation. There has to be a detailed match between technology tech news and human factors for enhancing effectiveness.