If you’ve been wondering about the whereabouts and current endeavors of Lisa LaFlamme, the renowned Canadian TV journalist, you’re in the right place. In this article, we’ll delve into where Lisa LaFlamme is now and what she’s doing in her role as a special correspondent for CityNews. Follow her journey from CTV to CityNews, where she continues to bring news updates on significant events.
Where is Lisa Laflamme Now?
Lisa LaFlamme is currently working as a special correspondent for CityNews, a position she assumed after departing from CTV. Her role at CityNews involves covering significant events, particularly focusing on the death and funeral of Queen Elizabeth II in September 2022. Additionally, LaFlamme reported on the Coronation of Charles III and Camilla in May 2023. This suggests that she remains actively involved in journalism and continues to contribute to media coverage of major events through her role as a special correspondent with CityNews.
Join us at Niceworkingday to explore current news and trends presented in a clear and concise manner. Our goal is to keep you informed without any confusion, making your journey of staying updated a smooth one.
What is Lisa Laflamme Doing Now?
Lisa LaFlamme is working as a special correspondent for CityNews. Before, she was the main person (chief anchor) and a senior editor at CTV National News, but she left that job in August 2022. In her new role at CityNews, she’s in charge of reporting on important events, like the death of Queen Elizabeth II in London. As a special correspondent, she gives daily updates on the news for TV and radio and shows up regularly on shows like Breakfast Television. When she left CTV, she talked about it in a positive way, saying it’s good to welcome new opportunities and be ready for changes in journalism. This move got people talking and thinking about the challenges and changes happening in the media industry.
Who is Lisa Laflamme?
Lisa LaFlamme, OC OOnt, is a well-known Canadian TV journalist. She became famous for her work in news broadcasting. She became the chief anchor and senior editor of CTV National News on September 5, 2011, taking over from Lloyd Robertson. Before that, she was the news international affairs correspondent and substitute host for CTV National News.
However, in August 2022, CTV ended her contract, saying it was a “business decision” to change the program. This surprised LaFlamme, and people noticed on social media. After leaving CTV, she started working with Rogers Media as a special correspondent. She played a significant role in covering important events like the death and funeral of Queen Elizabeth II and the Coronation of Charles III and Camilla for CityNews. Lisa LaFlamme’s career shows how she has made a big impact in journalism and how she can adapt to new opportunities.
|Born||July 25, 1964|
|Birthplace||Kitchener, Ontario, Canada|
|Alma mater||University of Ottawa (BA)|
|Parents||David LaFlamme (father), Kathleen LaFlamme (mother)|
Lisa Laflamme Early Life
Lisa LaFlamme’s roots trace back to Kitchener, Ontario, Canada, where she was born to her parents, David and Kathleen LaFlamme. Her formative years saw her attending St. Mary’s High School, and she continued her academic journey at the University of Ottawa. These early educational experiences laid the groundwork for her future endeavors, setting the stage for what would become a prosperous career in journalism. Her trajectory from these beginnings has been marked by dedication and success in the field.
Lisa Laflamme Career
Lisa LaFlamme started her journalism journey in 1989 at CTV’s CKCO, moving up from a copywriter to an anchor by 1997. She joined CTV National News in 2003, reporting on big events like 9/11 and the Iraq War. As CTV’s main anchor from 2011, she played a crucial role in covering elections and the Olympics. Surprisingly, CTV didn’t renew her contract in June 2022, causing discussions about changes in the industry. Expressing surprise, LaFlamme highlighted the challenges in adapting to these changes.
After leaving CTV, Lisa LaFlamme took on a new role as a special correspondent with Rogers Media. She covered important events like Queen Elizabeth II’s death in September 2022 and the Coronation of Charles III and Camilla in April 2023 for CityNews. Even with these career twists, she keeps contributing to journalism, showing resilience and adaptability.
Where is Lisa Laflamme Working Now?
Lisa LaFlamme is working at CityNews as a special correspondent. Her job is to lead the coverage of important events, especially after Queen Elizabeth II passed away in London. As a special correspondent, she tells the news every day on TV and radio and shows up regularly on shows like Breakfast Television. Before this, she worked at CTV News for a long time, 35 years to be exact, where she was the main person in charge (chief anchor) and a senior editor. Even though she left CTV, Lisa LaFlamme is positive about her new job, saying it’s important to see things in the right way and be ready for changes in the media industry.
Where is Lisa Laflamme Now – FAQs
- Where is Lisa LaFlamme currently working? Lisa LaFlamme is currently working as a special correspondent for CityNews.
- What is Lisa LaFlamme’s role at CityNews? In her role at CityNews, Lisa LaFlamme covers significant events, with a focus on reporting the death and funeral of Queen Elizabeth II and the Coronation of Charles III and Camilla. She provides daily news updates for TV and radio.
- Why did Lisa LaFlamme leave CTV National News? Lisa LaFlamme left her position as the chief anchor and senior editor at CTV National News in August 2022. CTV cited it as a “business decision” to change the program. She embraced the change positively, expressing readiness for new opportunities.
- Who is Lisa LaFlamme and what has she contributed to journalism? Lisa LaFlamme is a well-known Canadian TV journalist who became the chief anchor and senior editor of CTV National News in 2011. She has made a significant impact in journalism, covering major events such as 9/11, the Iraq War, and the death and funeral of Queen Elizabeth II.
- What major events has Lisa LaFlamme covered in her career? Lisa LaFlamme has covered significant events throughout her career, including 9/11, the Iraq War, and the recent death and funeral of Queen Elizabeth II. As a special correspondent for CityNews, she continues to contribute to media coverage of major events, showcasing her adaptability in the ever-changing media industry.
Now that you’re up to date with Lisa LaFlamme’s current role and career journey, you can stay informed about the latest news and events she covers at CityNews.